Dates – Time – Location
- Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2023 and offered again Wednesday, May 22, 2024
- Time: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM – EST
- Location: Online Via Zoom – Zoom Link Sent After Registration
- Fee: $65 per person – Group rate available for five or more attendees
- CEUs: Approved for six MCBAP specific CEUs
- CEUs: Approved for six ICB CEUs for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II,
CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CVSS II, ATE, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP II, NCRS II
- Contact: Anneshia Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-890-9387
Registration and Payments:
- Registration/Payment Online: Click here to Register for the RPG Training
This one-day training will equip service providers (Peer-Level, Bachelor-Level, and Master-Level) with enough training to deliver 10 cognitive restructuring, relapse prevention groups created by Anneshia Freeman and used for several years with court-mandated clients. The concepts were created based on Ms. Freeman’s personal experience as a person in recovery and input from individuals in recovery with various amounts of clean time. The groups/strategies are as follows:
- The Allergic Reaction!
- Who Am I Drunk and High That I’m Not Clean and Sober!
- Relapse Comes in Many Forms!
- The Role of Extracurricular Stress in Relapse!
- Placing Unrealistic Expectations On Myself!
- Placing Unrealistic Expectations On Others!
- Prioritizing Recovery – What’s More Important Than Your Recovery?
- The PROCESS of Using – You Don’t Just Pick Up!
- FEAR – Forget Everything and Run or Face Everything and Recover!
- Developing a Healthy Support System!
Each group is conducted in conjunction with a worksheet and can be delivered as an individual session.
Participants will be able to: ■ Describe the “Recovery Process.” ■ Describe the “Relapse Process.” ■ Identify at least 5 reasons people relapse repeatedly. ■ Describe how to identify when a person is entering the relapse process. ■ Describe how to conduct 10 Cognitive Restructuring, Relapse Prevention Groups created by Anneshia Freeman.
About the Program Director and Training Facilitator:
Anneshia Freeman MBA, MSW, CADC, CPRM, is the creator and Director of a copyrighted, trademarked, cognitive restructuring and re-socialization program entitled The Lies That Bind – The Legacy of the Locks® – also trademarked as The Lies That Bind® (LTB). The program is based on the work of several experts in the fields of neuroscience and psychology. Anneshia integrates concepts from neuroscience, psychology, and computer programming along with 15 years of participant/observation, exploratory, ethnographic research experience into one innovative cause and effect treatment methodology.
The program was initially piloted within the 61st District Court’s Start Treatment of Prostitution (STOP) program for four years and yielded tremendous results. Anneshia was employed at Arbor Circle for seven years where she originally trained nine MSW therapists in her program methodology and later trained 16 Arbor Circle program staff in the advanced LTB methodology. The LTB program was piloted within the Mission Inn program for four years. The Mission Inn Program assists women with children under the age of five in stopping the generational cycles of drug addiction and poverty in their families. Anneshia Freeman provided cognitive restructuring and resocialization program services for Drug Court and Sobriety Court clients from December 2003 – February of 2015. The Lies That Bind® Program continued to be utilized by 61st District Court programs, facilitated by a counselor trained and certified to use the model, until he retired in 2020. Anneshia developed an adolescent version of The Lies That Bind® Program which services severely traumatized, high-risk, inner-city youth.
The fee for this training is $65 per person. The training has been approved for six MCBAP specific CEUs and six ICB CEUs for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CVSS II, ATE, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP II, NCRS II.
Options to Pay – Drop-Down Payment Menu:
- 1 Person = $65
- 2 People = $130
- 3 People = $195
- 4 People = $260
Registration Online: Click here to Register for the RPG Training