Anneshia Freeman and Associates Consulting Services
– Presents –
Effective Group Facilitation in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
Anneshia Freeman MBA, MSW, CADC, CPRM
Dates – Time – Location
- Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2024
- Time: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM – EST
- Location: Online via Zoom– Link Sent After Registration
- Cost: $65 per person (discounted rate for five or more attendees)
- CEUs: Approved for six MCBAP specific CEUs
- CEUs: Approved for six ICB CEUs for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II,
CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CVSS II, ATE, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP II, NCRS II
- Contact: Anneshia Freeman – 616-890-9387 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Payments:
- Registration/Payment Online: Click here for the SUD/Groups Registration
This training is for beginning-level, intermediate-level, and advance-level therapists, counselors, case managers, and recovery coaches. This will be an interactive training consisting of lecture, case studies, and role-playing exercises. The training will be presented in a problem/solution format.
Participants will be able to:
- Identity the goals for group counseling
- Articulate the difference between psychoeducational group therapy and process-oriented group therapy
- Define the five types of groups
- Identify issues that make some SUD treatment groups ineffective
- Identify the twelve types of challenging group members and how to manage them
- Define the characteristics of the five group models used in substance use disorder treatment
About the Program Director and Training Facilitator:
Anneshia Freeman MBA, MSW, CADC, CPRM is the creator and Director of a copyrighted, trademarked, cognitive restructuring and resocialization program entitled The Lies That Bind – The Legacy of the Locks® – also trademarked as The Lies That Bind® (LTB). The program is based on the work of several experts in the fields of neuroscience and psychology. Anneshia integrates concepts from neuroscience, psychology, and computer programming along with 15 years of participant, observation, exploratory, ethnographic research experience into one innovative, eclectic, cause and effect treatment methodology.
The LTB Program was initially piloted within the 61st District Court’s Start Treatment of Prostitution (STOP) program for four years and yielded tremendous results. Anneshia Freeman conducted group counseling for the STOP Program three times per week for four years. After the STOP Program ended, Ms. Freeman was approached by 61st District Court and asked to provide her cognitive restructuring and resocialization program to Drug Court and Sobriety court women in the form of a Women’s Trauma Group. In 2013, Ms. Freeman was awarded a Drug Court Hero Award for the impact of her Women’s Trauma Group by the Michigan Association of Drug Court Professionals. Anneshia conducted her Women’s Trauma Group for Drug Court and Sobriety Court from 2008 – 2015 twice a week.
Anneshia was employed at Arbor Circle Corporation for seven years where she originally trained nine MSW therapists in her program methodology and later trained 16 Arbor Circle program staff in the advanced version of the LTB Program. The LTB Program was piloted within the Mission Inn program for four years. The Mission Inn Program assists women with children under the age of five in stopping the generational cycles of drug addiction and poverty in their families. The Lies That Bind® continued to be utilized by 61st District Court’s Drug Court and Sobriety Court Programs, delivered by a counselor Ms. Freeman trained and certified in the model, until he retired in August of 2020. Anneshia developed an adolescent version of The Lies That Bind® Program which services high-risk youth. The LTB Youth Program was utilized by the Michigan Youth Challenge Program in Battle Creek, Michigan for four years and several other organizations and programs in Michigan and Ohio. Ms. Freeman also contracted with Michigan State Police Youth Leadership Academy for two years.
The cost of this training is $65. CEUs: Approved for six MCBAP specific CEUs. Approved for six ICB CEUs for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CVSS II, ATE, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP II, NCRS II.
Options to Pay – Drop-Down Payment Menu:
- 1 Person = $65
- 2 People = $130
- 3 People = $195
- 4 People = 260
Registration Online: Click here for the SUD/Groups Registration